Jun 12, 2010

Memorial Day


My favorite memory of Memorial Day is waking up and having breakfast on the back deck. Breakfast having been cooked by my dad on his grill. It was the perfect way to start the day. Justin said that when we get a house we need to make sure that we have a back deck to cook breakfast on. It is a great tradition.
 I remember when I was younger and we would walk to the cemetery with my grandparents and put flowers on their graves then as a family we would walk around the cemetery and read all the names, plates, and birth to death dates. I always thought it was neat to do that. We would find graves that were as old and some that were new and it was always a special experience. So it was a very special experience to go to Rock Point Cemetery and Decorate the grave of my brother. Here are some pictures of us decorating the grave.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I like your tradition. It looks like a bittersweet day.

Patsy said...

Thanks for sharing that with me Adrienne. I'm glad to see you taking care of things there. Looks as though it was rough on Ashley and I'm sure the rest of you. I wanted to see the pics and your mom isn't too good about knowing how to do that for her post. Love you
Aunt Patsy