Apr 24, 2012

Valentine Wreath

I actually don't remember when we made these but I do know that it was before Valentines day. Actually I think that it was the day that Garrett (my little brother) got engaged. Anyways, my mother really wanted to make a Valentine Wreath like my little sister Nichole had made. When Nichole was out here she helped my mom get started and so later mom wanted to do a craft day and we got together and made these. Mom ended up with some extra ribbon and so I got to make one as well. I never realized how much glue it would take how many burned fingers I would have at the end. 
I do have a funny story about wrapping my wreath base. I first got the same ribbon as my mom and started wrapping my wreath when I only made it a quarter around my wreath rim I ran out of ribbon. So I unwrapped it and tried a different ribbon wanting my base to be all the same color. I got a little further around the base and I ran out again. So, again I started unwrapping the ribbon. So, being that it was 8pm I decide to run to the Family Dollar Store. I picked up two spools of ribbon and came back wrapped my wreath base and only made it half way around again..at this point I almost gave up but ended up going back to Family Dollar and getting two more spools of ribbon and then finally got started on my wreath. I am glad that I kept going. 
I thought that it turned out really good. It was also a really cute decoration for Valentines Day. Thanks mom for making me keep going when I was about to give up.

No comments: