Oct 1, 2010

Grandparents Fire

A few weeks ago Justin and I received and email saying that Grandma and Grandpa's Rowley's  house had burned down the previous day. They had been burning weeds in the back yard when the wind caught a few embers and had started the roof of the house on fire. Grandma and Grandpa are fine and they even had some stranger that saved the cat. I have been waiting to post about this tragic event because I wanted to make sure that I got all the pictures of the clean up and the pictures of the house right after the house caught fire. Thank you to all that sent pictures to me since Justin and I were unable to make it out to help with the clean up.
 This last summer Justin and I were able to go down and help put in a sprinkler system and some hard wood floors to help get the house fixed up for when Grandma and Grandpa can no longer live by themselves. This first picture is of the house when we went down to help fix it up.  
 This next few pictures is of the house when it was still smoking from the fire. The fire started on the roof and when the roof collapsed they pulled in the walls of the home.


 The rest of the pictures is of the family clean up that happened a week after the fire. As you can see their is not much to the home.







This next few pictures is all that was left of the house. They found a few plates, glass figures and a bell. It is sad to see that this is all that is left of the house.
Grandma and Grandpa we are so glad that you are okay and we love you and are keeping you in our prayers.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

oh my goodness how tragic. That breaks my heart to see that all of their things are gone. Hope they are doing well.

Cassy said...

How Tragic!! I can't imagine having everything gone. We pray they are doing okay.

Harper said...

I am so sorry for this, Adrienne. I'm glad your grandparents are okay. This is very, very sad, and I'm sure they have so many memories in that house. I'm glad your family was there to help them clean up the remains of their home.

Leah is so adorable! Thank you for sending her cute pictures. I love seeing them. :)