May 20, 2010

Mariko's Baptism

Mari got baptized this last weekend and what a wonderful experience to be a part of. Mari is Dustin's oldest child and she as waiting until her dad got home to be baptized. Though we had the funeral the week prior Ashley and Mari decided that Dad (Dustin) would want her to go through with the baptism. Mari called my dad (Richard) or grandpa according to the grandkids and asked him to baptize and confirm her a member of the church. I was really proud of Mari, I know that it was hard for her to do this without her dad. Mari's Grandma McKeachnie gave the talk on Baptism and then my mom gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Both talks were beautiful and a lot of tears were shed. I know that Dustin was near as Mari entered the waters of baptism. I know that he is really proud of Mari and the decision that she made to be baptized. Mari I love you and I hope that you will always remember how you felt on your special day.

No comments: