Jul 13, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Of course you cant have the forth of July with out a good old Vernal Parade. This year it started and there was no fly over...every year we look for the jets that fly over main street and the parade started and no jets...finally after a while they did fly over but it was not close to the ground and they didn't come back it was really disappointing..Oh well...Here is the picture of the band...
 Here is a picture of the drill team....they are really good.
 Here is a picture of the war veterans...
Here is Garrett.
Here is Kayla...in her dress. We hope she wins...
Here is Leah...It was pretty hot today and we were regretting not bringing any water...That is usually my mom's job but she was out of town...man we sure missed her today.
Here is one of the oldest fire trucks. They also had a few fire fighters walking behind it...it was pretty neat to see everyone cheer for them as they are fighting all the fires near Vernal.
This next picture is of the float for the mortuary here in town...
So after this float went by then came the oil trucks...and they kept coming and coming and coming and coming....Okay so Vernal parades are usually 35 to 45 minutes long and today the parade lasted 2 and a half hours...I am not kidding. Justin and I finally left before the parade was even over...It was really annoying to have to look at advertisements and nothing was even decorated...Plus with all of them honking the horns my kids were done. Keyan really didn't like it. So not fun..

Later that day Justin and I took the kids swimming and then to Ashley's house for dinner. It was really good. Thanks Ashley. We also went to the park for the annual fireworks of course I forgot my camera for the rest of the day so I don't have any more pictures...I wish I would have taken some at the fire works but I didn't...only regrets...oh well. We did have fun. Happy 4th to all...we sure had a day full of fun.

No comments: