Dec 22, 2010

Millett Family X-Mas Party

This year my Aunt Janna and Uncle Wayne hosted the annual Millett Family Christmas Party. This year we met up at my aunt Janna's home and first the family went caroling to some of the neighbors and then came back to the house for a pot luck dinner. It was really good. We had roasted turkey, baked potato's, and some really good deserts and salads that people brought. After dinner we have an annual Millett family Christmas program. This is where all the families that attend get up and show off a talent. My father went first and read the story of a duck hunting dog. I wish I would have gotten a picture of this but I could not get to my camera in time.  After my families turn, Uncle Wayne and his family got up and sang a rendition of Christmas carols. Their family is really musical it was fun listening to them sing.
After Uncle Wayne it was my Uncle Dan and Aunt Sara turn. Their kids got up and played their violin's and Bass. They did a really great job. They live in Texas and we do not see them much, so it was fun to see them and listen to their talented children.
 This next picture is of my Uncle Steve, Aunt Janna, and family. They lip synced a song and it was so funny. They always make us laugh. Thanks guys.  
Next, my grandma Millett and Aunt Vicki got up and played a piano duet. Piano playing has always been something that my grandma loved. Even when I was little and we would go to her house she would play songs on the piano and teach us fun songs. The duet sounded beautiful grandma.  
 For the last part of the program we all sang together. It was fun to sing Christmas songs as a family. It always reminds me about Christ and why we celebrate the Christmas season.
I am so excited that I took this picture. This is my Grandma Millett and Leah. What a great picture.  
 After the party, I headed back to my sister Jennie's house. Leah and Jennie's daughter Rian love to play together, so it makes it easy to stay at her house when I'm in town. Here are some cute pictures of them playing together.





No comments: